He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Good Samaritan

Luke 10:30-37

Who is my neighbour?

This passage jumps out at me every time, and never more so than when people on the street ask me for money. Not so long ago I saw a young man lying outside a shop on a city centre street, sleeping with a half empty bottle of MGD beside him. It was cold and it was wet, but there he was, getting some kip.

I has happened to all of us, people asking for money. It can get a bit annoying. The last time I was on holiday with two Christian friends, we made a pact that we would buy something to eat for the next person who asked us for money. That was eight months ago, and none of us have helped any of these people out yet.

Being the priest, or Levite, that I am, I metaphorically pass by on the other side of the road, every time, without fail. It almost follows on from yesterday's post, that it is difficult to get out of your comfort zone and be a follower of Jesus; I would find it hard to stop with this guy and help him out. Yet the Samaritan was able to do it... in the power of God, I will be able to do it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home