He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Sunday, April 09, 2006

What You Ought To Say

Luke 12:11-12

...do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.
As anyone who has ever had to give their testimony may know, standing up and telling your story can be a difficult thing to do. Maybe there wasn't a defining moment, maybe God's light rose on you gradually over a period of time. Maybe your story is a bit like someone elses.

And what if you have to defend your faith? Stand up, stand up for Jesus? True, we must love the Lord, our God, with all our mind (Matthew 22:37) but it's fantastic that the Holy Spirit is there to help us out with what we are to say.

I am reminded of Jeremiah 1,
Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.'

Then I said, 'Alas, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth.'

But the LORD said to me, 'Do not say "I am a youth," because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you,' declares the LORD.

Then the LORD stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me, 'Behold, I have put My words in your mouth...

1 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Welcome to the world of bloggiing. An old lady back in college taught me this passage from Luke and I have stood on its principle for nearly 20 some years. Brings much comfort.

2:28 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home